Echoes of the Dawn
Threats and Factions
- “The Unbound”; a collection of displaced peoples; rebelling against civilization; have begun targetting Bridgeton (why?).
- Human encroachment; increased occupation/invasion of nearby lands; increasing presence in Bridgeton.
- River pirates, led by Longtongue the Bulbous; known for their ineptitude.
- “Cult of the Exiles”; dismissed as rumour by the council.
- Dragonborn; watching Bridgeton closely; see it as potential flashpoint of larger conflict.
- Morish Trade Guild; An alliance of merchants run by a group of Mor Dwarves; They control prices in town and keep shipping tariffs low through a large-scale “protection” racket.
- The Ivory League; poaching the near endangered drake herds in the area, violently protecting their claim when challenged.
- The “Drakes” vs The “Brutes”; rival sporting teams with rabid fans; Brutes are from the Landside, hang out at “The Happy Dragon”, team colour is blue; Drakes are from Glacierside, “Tail & Horns”, team colour is red; constantly brawling, causing riots, pranking other team.
- The blue smoke club: socialites and wealthy merchants, mostly made up of tobacco merchants.
- The Five Pointed Star: the piece of graffito has been tagged at the scene of a number of break-ins wherein only property damage has occurred. Signs point to a small gang.
- Once in a while, typically with few or no witnesses nearby, a person crossing the bridge vanishes, never seen again. Seemingly random, months between disappearances, rare enough to be dismissed as urban legend by many townspeople. No ideas of how or why (or who). Vehemently denied by ruling council and trade guilds.
- Refugee camp of people displaced by the human invasion along the Landside coast.