Echoes of the Dawn
The World Beyond
- The Glacier covers a large pre-Dawn War civilization.
- Town of Hamlet, between Bridgeton and First World; Tieflings; Militaristic, holding human invasion at bay.
- First World; political intrigue and espionage, extremely tight security, no openly carried weapons in the city.
- Hidden (invisible?) island in Goblins Head Bay; center of Eladrin kingdom.
- Mulad-Aresh river runs from Bridgeton to Royal Falls.
- Sau’noor; center of Tiefling kingdom, large crater within the Glacier, heated from below by an active volcano.
- Tumals Plains; Elves and Orcs live like nomads/tribal aboriginals; battle each other, eladrin along forest edge, tieflings from the Glacier, halflings from the # # Blasted Lands; extremely violent/inhospitable to outsiders, usually attack on sight.
- Wild, cannibalistic halflings roam the Blasted Lands.
- Dragonborn Islands in the Skylands; society that reveres history, knowledge, and philosophy; massive libraries, speaking halls; the ones trained and sent out as enforcers/justicars/warriors are from the lower classes, kept separate from society (eg: ancient Rome).
- Humans are developing airships to help explore and conquer.
- Unconnected (wild) skylands are home to a growing goblinoid civilization: the Burning Sands of Callor; islands float randomly around the world; raiding parties descend on gliders, ziplines, crude parachutes; loot and raiders brought back up with a system of nets, winches, ropes, etc.
- Drow outcasts live underground near the point where the Tumals Plains, the Forest of Deep Shadows, and the Gods’ Teeth Mountains converge; area called “Grou’an’nui” by the Fey, commonly known as the “Dark Cliffs”; unnaturally (supernaturally) dark and cloudy at all times; a “honeycomb” of tunnels, ladders, and caves throughout the high cliffs; large deep caves at the bottom allow ships; tunnels go deep inland, secret entrances in the Gods’ Teeth mountains and in the Forest of Deep Shadows.