Echoes of the Dawn
- Dragons: “Generals” and greatest weapons of the Gods in the Dawn War; after the war they died off or were hunted to extinction; Humans are trying to bring them back under their control; mixed success, very unstable.
- Human: Widely held belief that they are actually the original common ancestor.
- Dwarf: Dwarves came from a tropical climate, which is why they create well-insulated, heated, humid underground complexes.
- Gnomes: Suffered centuries of religious/racial persecution; have only recently claimed a land of their own after being forced from their homeland.
- Goliath: Worship mountains, believe they are physical embodiments of Gods (at rest).
- Kalashtar: Original Dawn soldiers, failed in their war on the Astral Plains, now trapped here.
- Half-elf/Half-orc: Half races did not happen naturally; result of experimentation by humans.
- Genasi: See themselves as “above” the other races & battles; pre-date the Dawn War, unconcerned with “lower” beings.
- Dragonborn: Since the fall of Arkosia, they have become a race that abhors war and enforce peace; travel the world as diplomats, judges, “Arbitors of Justice”.
- Elves: Traitorous Eladrin; cast out after civil war, cut off from source of Fey magic.
- Orcs: Devolved elves; given over to hatred; generations of separation from the Fey magic source.
- Warforged: Illegal to exist independently; must be licensed, with their master at all times; controlled via implants/implements.
- Deva: Very uncommon, connected to both past and future lives; see visions of both the Dawn War and the upcoming war; oracles?.
- Shadar-Kai: Most hospitable and unbiased of all the races; architects of multi-dimensional buildings; known for hospitality and warmth.
- Minotaurs/Gnolls: Almost completely wiped out; only exist as slave caste in human-controlled settlements.
- Halflings: Do not talk of their homelands; nomads.
- Tieflings: Embittered race, devoted to conflict and war.
- Drow: Civilian/peasant caste of traitorous Eladrin societies; unjustly cast out.